The popularity of vegetable gardens has increased tenfold in the last few years, as more homeowners embrace the advantages of planting their own vegetables and herbs, whether it’s to grow food organically, save a little money, or engage in an interesting and rewarding pastime.
A vegetable garden can be grown in your backyard, front yard or even on a balcony or little-used side yard, as long as there is plenty of sun exposure. There are many design and layout options for a vegetable garden. You may want to opt for raised beds so you can better control the quality of the soil. Or you may want to go with a beautiful kitchen garden that is as much a focal point as a place to grow edibles. Finally, if you are short on space, you may even consider growing vegetables in containers. With a little bit of thoughtful planning, vegetable gardens can be as beautiful as any flower garden. And with a lit bit of effort, you can maximize your garden’s productivity and enjoy the fruits of your labor.
Before a useless side walk way.
After, Citrus Trees and Herbs as ground cover.
Continue reading “Landscaping in Unique Spaces”
Proper, regular pruning is one of the most important things you can give your shrubs. However, unless the correct methods … Continue reading Tropical Pruning, Shaping in the Landscape
Keeping a lush lawn and healthy landscape takes a lot of time and effort – often more than most families … Continue reading Expert Irrigation Tips For Hawaii, Oahu, Honolulu
Make sure your contractor has references that are verifiable. Hire a licensed contractor with an up to date license: If … Continue reading Do This First Before You Hire Your Landscaper.
Successful organic vegetable gardening means taking the time to learn what helps and what hurts. Bug identification can be as … Continue reading Grow Your Own Tips
• How long have they been in the Landscaping Business in Mililani?
• How many landscaping designs have the Landscape companies completed on Oahu?
• Do the landscapers specialize in the type of landscape building or landscape design you’ve described? If so, ask them to provide photos or references of similar landscaping they’ve done .
• Do the landscapers provide regular landscaping maintenance? Is it at reduced cost if they do the original landscape design and garden installation?
• Can the landscape designers obtain non-native and exotic plants for the new landscaping?
• How long should it take to complete the new landscaping?
• Do the landscapers carry workers’ compensation and liability insurance for your landscaping business?
• Will the landscape design firms provide a written estimate for all new landscaping? Continue reading “Questions To Ask Your Landscape Contractor”
Looking To Hire The Right Landscaper, Sprinkler Service or Lawn Care Contractor? You don’t get a second chance to make … Continue reading Hire The Right Landscaper